The rhinoplasty or corrective nose surgery is one of the most common surgical procedures in cosmetic surgery for men and women and in turn is one of the most complex surgeries.
Harmonious and natural features are sought. It is necessary for the surgeon to have a special artistic ability to model, through rhinoplasty, an aesthetic and balanced nose, without ever forgetting the respiratory function. We always try to set reasonable prices.
The Objectives To Be Achieved In A Rhinoplasty Are:
- Harmonize the nose according to the patient’s face. Shape the tip, septum and dorsum of the nose.
- Seek natural results
- Achieve or maintain good respiratory function
- Respect the aesthetic wishes of the patient if possible
- Avoid leaving traces of the surgery (stigma of the intervention)
- Give a professional vision of the changes to be achieved in rhinoplasty
Traditionally, a closed rhinoplasty was performed in which an attempt was made to correct all the defects of the nose through internal incisions. However, in this way it is difficult to perfectly model the nasal tip and adapt it to the back, so the open rhinoplasty is performed in which the entire nasal dorsum is detached adding a scar in the lower part of the columella (central part that divides both nostrils).
Open rhinoplasty leaves a visible scar and further alters nasal skin circulation, with more postoperative inflammation. In our clinic we advocate for a newer technique that is open-closed rhinoplasty.
Advantages Of Open-Closed Rhinoplasty Over Closed (Classical) Rhinoplasty And Open Rhinoplasty:
An approach that allows the perfect view of all the structures of the nose. Both the tip and the back of the nose, which is not achieved in closed rhinoplasty. Without leaving a visible scar as in open rhinoplasty.
- You can work on the tip and place grafts to prevent the tip from falling .
- Invisible scar .
- It allows to work on the depressor muscle of the tip, to improve the mobility of the tip with respect to the upper lip.
- Very useful in secondary rhinoplasty, allowing the placement of septum or cartilage grafts of the ear.
- It does not give as much inflammation and abnormal circulation as other techniques, because the scars are in natural folds.
- Fewer complications than closed and open rhinoplasty.
- Predictable and lasting results. With more than 25 years of experience.